Here are some of the ways that the Hickory Hills Senior Taskforce is working for the seniors who reside in Hickory Hills:
- Free cell phone for seniors and those in need for 911 emergency calls only.
- Free shoes to diabetics with a doctor’s prescription.(Medicare covers on pair of shoes and three pairs of inserts a year.)
- Free File or Live emergency packets can be obtained at the Community Center, 7800 W. 89th Place.
- Free Movie Day on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 1PM at the Community Center. Popcorn and soft drinks are provided, or bring your own brown bag lunch.
- Free craft classes are offered on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 1PM at the Community Center.
- Now underway are plans for a business directory listing merchants who offer senior discounts.
For more information, call (708) 237-4158 and leave a message; you will receive a return phone call.