ComEd Offering Utility Bill Relief to Income Eligible Customers
Know any friends or family having trouble paying their energy bills? Let them know help is available.
Attend the Community Resource Fair from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm on December 14, 2019 at the Summit Park District at 5700 S. Archer Road in Summit.
Financial assistance is available for customers struggling to pay their natural gas and electric bills:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) — Provides financial assistance through grants that do not need to be repaid.
- Nicor Gas Sharing Program — Provides one-time annual grants that do not need to be repaid.
- ComEd Residential Hardship Program — Income-eligible, residential customers can apply once every two years for grants of up to $500 based on need and availability of program funds. Grant amounts may vary while funds are available.
- CHAMP–Proud of Our Military, Proud to Help — A financial-assistance program that offers an optional package of benefits to qualified military personnel who reside within ComEd’s service territory and have fallen behind on their electric bill.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Proof of current 30-day gross income for all household members
- Copy of most recent natural gas and electric bills if you pay for your home energy directly (Must provide entire bill)
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for all household members (Hard-copy of Social Security cards, print-out from Social Security Administration or any other form of government-issued identification that shows both name and Social Security number)
- Applicants that have their utilities included in the rent must bring proof of rental agreement stating monthly rental amount, that utilities are included, and landlord contact information. (Rent cost must be greater than 30% of household 30-day gross income)
- Medical Eligibility Card for any household members who receive TANF
Applications for these programs will only be taken from 9am–12:30pm. Click here for more information.
Representatives from Nicor Gas’ and ComEd’s Energy Efficiency programs will be available onsite to answer any questions and provide participants with FREE energy-saving kits.