May 20, 2020 Update from the Mayor
Today, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced 2,388 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois with 21,029 test specimens reported in the last 24 hours. Currently, IDPH has reported a total of 100,418 cases, including 4,525 deaths, in Illinois. The U.S. has recorded 1.5 million confirmed infections and nearly 92,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University on Tuesday. Hickory Hills has 99 confirmed COVID cases and 2 confirmed deaths.
Governor Pritzker Announces Update to Phase 3 of Restore Illinois
Read a copy of the Governor’s Press Release here.
More details about the guideline changes for Phase 3 are listed below:
- Bars and restaurants will have the option to resume operations for outdoor seating, but not for regular indoor food service. Tables must be six feet apart and away from sidewalks, face coverings and distancing measures for staff must continue to be followed Bars and restaurants will be also required to follow additional precautions and guidance that will be issued at a later date.
- All state parks will reopen on May 29. All parks concessions will reopen, as well, under guidance set for retail and food service businesses.
- Indoor and outdoor tennis facilities will be allowed to open while following IDPH safety precautions and capacity limits.
- Golf will now be allowed in foursomes, and golf carts will be allowed with capacity limits of one person per cart. One additional member of the same household will be allowed to share a cart.
- Boating or camping of up to 10 people will be allowed.
- The state will be providing additional guidance for how other outdoor recreational businesses, such as golf driving ranges, outdoor shooting ranges and paintball courses can safely reopen.
Steve Kerr Hilarious Speech at Bulls Victory Celebration
Steve Kerr should have his own Netflix special pic.twitter.com/8AkyGABv3v
— Red Line Radio (@RedLineRadio) May 18, 2020
Still Holding a Grudge
Love #TheLastDance, and am going to miss MJ’s pettiness. In honor of the finale, here is a sports documentary where I am still super angry and holding grudges over stuff that happened 25 YEARS AGO. pic.twitter.com/nckUU4k13J
— Pat Tomasulo (@pattomasulo) May 17, 2020
Netherlands Snack Slide…We Need One of These in Hickory!
— Team Looopings (@teamlooopings) May 18, 2020
Hickory Young Women’s Club Members Demonstrate Proper Social Distancing
Today I saw these young ladies sitting around enjoying the beautiful weather and each other’s company.