Waste Management Suspends Bulk Pick Ups
Dear Municipal leaders,
We appreciate the trust you place in us and our people servicing your community. Like us, in the last several days, we are sure you have been focused on the health of your employees, community, families, and friends. At Waste Management of Illinois, Inc, (Waste Management) safety is a core company value and the health and well-being of our employees, customers, and community remains our highest priority. We are taking every precaution to ensure that our company is safely servicing your residents.
At present, Waste Management is maintaining a standard collection schedule for trash and recycle, and we are not experiencing any collection interruptions. If circumstances change that may impact our ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide prompt updates to our customers and communities.
However, effective immediately the following changes are being implemented until further notice.
- Effective immediately, we are temporarily suspending the handling of incoming residential calls into our contact center, as we adopt social distancing, to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19. Our goal is to resume the residential call handling as soon as possible through a work from home program of our residential agents. In order to achieve this, the company has made technology investments of equipment to prepare our agents to work remotely.
- Bulky item collection -including scheduled events or extra call in service for bulky items, such as large items outside the cart, is suspended until further notice.
As leaders in our highly regulated industry, we follow strict policies and procedures every day when managing solid waste, including medical waste, to protect our employees, our customers and the communities we serve. We will continue to follow all our protocols and perform our work with the utmost care.
Our teams are monitoring the latest information and continually evaluating recommendations as information becomes known or advisories are issued.
If you would like to post information on your city website or social platform, please use the following:
• For the most up-to-date service information, please visit www.wm.com/alerts.
• We encourage residents to sign up for email and text alerts here: https://www.wm.com/us/en/mywm/my-preferences/verify.
• We may also be contacted by email: email@example.com.
We appreciate your assistance and understanding during this unprecedented time. We will immediately communicate as further developments and information become available.
Thank you for trusting Waste Management as your environmental solutions partner. We truly appreciate your business.