July 28, 2020 Update from the Mayor
Illinois health officials recently announced 1,624 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, the highest daily total since Memorial Day. The total state wide death toll is 7,367. Hickory Hills now has 181 confirmed COVID cases and 5 related deaths.
Immediately below is a link from Johns Hopkins University depicting state by state trends of COVID-19
MASKS HELP SLOW THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
Two Extra Months to Pay Property Taxes Without Penalty
Second Installment Cook County property tax bills are due August 3, 2020, but property owners have two extra months to pay without a late fee. Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas said that the “pandemic has changed a lot of things. If you’ve lost your job and don’t have the money, you do not have to pay until October 1, 2020.” Property owners can pay the Second Installment without a late fee through October 1. To download a copy of your tax bill or to make a payment, visit cookcountytreasurer.com
• Select the blue box labeled “Pay Online for Free”
• Search by property address or enter your Property Index Number (PIN)
• There is no fee if you pay from your bank account You may also use cookcountytreasurer.com to:
• Search $75 million in available refunds going back 20 years
• See if you are missing out on $34 million in senior exemptions going back four years.
We All Love Ice Cream
Cat’s first taste of ice cream… pic.twitter.com/ekOWVMPgES
— Rex Chapman🏇🏼 (@RexChapman) July 28, 2020
Here Comes Trouble
“We got caught Brian, just act normal” pic.twitter.com/eMyzE5PX2Z
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden_) July 27, 2020
2 Minutes in Nature….Pond Life
Have a great Wednesday and be kind to one another.