Trick-or-Treating hours this year are Saturday, October 31st from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
If you will be passing out candy, PLEASE PUT UP THE GHOST SIGN EITHER IN YOUR WINDOW OR FRONT DOOR Click on GHOST WELCOME
If you DO NOT want to participate in passing out candy, please put the attached the following in your window or front door CLICK on trick or treating
The CDC released alternative ways to participate in Halloween to protect communities from COVID-19. Consistent with that list and IDPH Guidelines, the City suggests that residents consider modifying trick-or-treating by providing individually wrapped treats placed on a clean surface (folding table), picked up by families at a safe distance, like at the edge of a driveway or yard.
Trick or Treaters
- If you’re sick, stay home.
- Trick or treat with immediate family only.
- Remain 6 feet away from anyone you don’t live with.
- Wear a face mask covering BOTH your mouth and your nose (wear a face mask under other costume masks).
- Sanitize hands frequently while out trick-or-treating, especially before eating treats.
Parents & Guardians
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Talk with your children about safety and social distancing guidelines and expectations.
- Monitor your children to make sure they are following the guidelines throughout the night.
- Help young trick-or-treaters stay on the right side of the walkway to be sure they’re leaving distance between them and people walking the other direction.
- Carry a flashlight at night and be sure children have reflective clothing.
- Wear a face mask covering BOTH your mouth and your nose.
- Wash your hands as soon as you return home. Make sure children are sanitizing their hands frequently throughout the night. • Inspect your children’s candy for anything out of the ordinary before they eat it.
- Do not hand out candy if you are sick.
- Wear a face mask covering BOTH your nose and your mouth.
- Consider marking 6-foot lines on the sidewalk in front of your home and leading to your driveway/front door to help small visitors know how far apart they should stand.
- Place a distribution table or some other barrier between yourself and visiting trick-or-treaters to ensure they remain 6 feet away.
- Distribute candy on a disinfected table or use some other method to eliminate direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often throughout the night.
- If you do not wish to participate in Trick-or-Treating, please place a note near the front stoop/ entryway for visitors to see.
Trick-Or-Treat 2020 Guidelines For the City of Hickory Hills