New Waste Collection Provider
The City of Hickory Hills has chosen Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) to be the exclusive service provider for the weekly collection of residential garbage, recyclables, and yard waste as well as home collection for household hazardous and electronic waste. LRS will begin servicing homes the week of June 5, 2023.
Detailed program information may be found on this page by clicking on the topic below or links to the right (facing) of this page. You may also print the LRS Hickory Hills Program Brochure by clicking here.
HICKORY HILLS – LRS CUSTOMER SERVICE
LRS has a dedicated team of customer service representatives ready to assist you. The City of Hickory Hills is no longer accepting calls for waste program and transition service-related issues as the LRS team is best equipped to help.
Please call LRS at (844) 633-3577 or email SERVICE@LRSRECYCLES.COM for assistance with;
- Question regarding transition of service
- Cart delivery or removal request
- Question on new collection day
- Question on service time of day
- Help with missed pick-up
- Schedule appliance or special pick-up
- Schedule household hazardous or electronic waste pick-up (click on link to right)
- Comment on service
- Recycling questions (scroll down to Recycle section for more information)
- Plastic grocery bags & film are no longer accepted in recycle cart
Important Information Regarding Transition of Service
NEW LRS CARTS BEING DELIVERED IN LATE MAY
Hickory Hills homes will receive a new 96-gallon garbage cart and 96-gallon recycle cart.
LRS offers smaller sized (64-gallon carts) in place of 96-gallon cart(s), and additional carts and yard waste carts for rent. Scroll down to Cart Options to learn more.
- LRS crews will deliver new carts before WM removes their carts.
- LRS carts may arrive at various times on different days.
- You may have LRS, WM & Hickory Hills carts for several days.
- LRS does not schedule cart delivery days or times.
WHEN WILL WM, LAND & LAKES, CITY OF HICKORY HILLS CARTS BE REMOVED?
- WM will remove WM carts, ‘Land and Lakes’ carts the week of May 29th through June 2nd.
- Do not use old carts after WM empties them the last week of May.
- Leave old carts empty at curb after service to be removed.
- WM sends different crews to remove WM & Land and Lakes carts (not regular driver).
- LRS will send special crews to remove the Hickory Hills recycle carts.
FINAL WASTE MANAGEMENT COLLECTION – WEEK OF MAY 29-JUNE 1ST
There is no service on Memorial Day (Monday, May 29). Service is delayed by one day this week. This will be the final collection day for Waste Management.
MONDAY SERVICE IS TUESDAY, MAY 30
TUESDAY SERVICE IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 31
WEDNESDAY SERVICE IS THURSDAY, JUNE 1
WHAT IF WM OR LRS DID NOT REMOVE THE OLD CART(S) AFTER JUNE 2ND?
- LRS will take the old carts as a bulk item on your regular collection day.
- Tape a large note and write in bold marker so driver can see – “REMOVE CART.”
- If a cart(s) is not removed on your collection day after the week of June 5
- Send your address, city & phone# with request to remove old cart to: Service@LRSrecycles.com
- Or call Customer Service at 844.633.3577 to submit a request to remove old cart
WHEN TO START USING NEW LRS CARTS
- Start using new LRS carts once you have placed the WM, Land and Lakes, and Hickory Hills branded carts out to be emptied by WM the last week of May.
- WM will NOT empty LRS carts with materials.
NEW COLLECTION DAYS & TIME OF DAY
- New collection days begin the week of June 5, 2023.
- Click on the new Hickory Hills Collection Day Map to see if your collection day has changed.
- LRS has new routes. Pick-up time-of-day will change.
- Carts and materials must be placed out by 6 AM each week.
Smaller carts, additional carts yard waste carts must be selected by April 20, 2023, to be delivered with the initial delivery in late May. Selections made after April 20th will be delivered after the initial delivery is complete. LRS cannot guarantee delivery days or times with this type of delivery.
- Garbage and recycle carts are available in 64-gallon.
- Additional carts may be rented in 96-gallon for garbage and recycling.
- Yard waste carts are available in 64-gallon to rent.
- Cart requests are to be submitted online through the LRS Cart Portal
- Unwanted carts should be used in the interim but must be left curbside to be exchanged.
LRS Customer Service
Please contact LRS Customer Service for all garbage, recyclable and yard waste questions, cart exchanges, misses and extra pick-ups, household hazardous waste and electronic waste service needs.